Reporting to the Vice President of Technical Operations and Program Management, the Director of Project Management heads the PellePharm PMO office. He/she is accountable for establishing and maintaining project management best practices at PellePharm as well as serving as cross-functional project manager for a range of programs and initiatives, and supports functional initiatives as appropriate. He/she is also responsible for representing PellePharm as Alliance Manager in key strategic alliances. He/she has the ability to lead and motivate people, encourage teamwork, communicate effectively with senior management and external partners, and has a clear vision of what defines a successful project management process for all stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities of the incoming Director of Project Management:
- Define the project management process to be applied to cross-functional projects and programs.
- Lead cross-functional teams in achieving project objectives- ensure cross-functional thinking and appropriate analytical rigor in the development of project team strategies.
- Analyze risk and implement risk management strategies. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Provide project management support to the Regulatory Affairs department in the compilation of global regulatory filings.
- Support logistics and material flow in a complex supply chain.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- This position will require some (<20%) amount of travel as appropriate.
Given the “small biotech” nature of the Company, cultural fit of the successful candidate is an important criterion for his/her success at PellePharm. Desired characteristics include a high level of curiosity, intelligence, ability to work independently, “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Specific Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field, advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of project management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, including late clinical stage development programs
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical and nonclinical drug development is required
- Past experience in a functional supervisory role
- Experience in a commercial pharmaceutical company environment is a plus
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications internally and with external partners
- Demonstrated effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Recognizes urgency to identify and resolve problems
- Familiarity with risk management strategies
- Ability to work strategically and independently with internal and external groups on multiple projects
- Flexible schedule to accommodate regular Telecons with international partners and travel